Congratulations! true love does not come easy and against all odds you have found your perfect match.
You are blissfully and completely in love with the person who holds your heart and witnesses it beating.
You have decided beyond any doubt that this wonderful being who walks beside you is the one you want to go forward through life with. After a few wonderful years growing together you decide you want to get married.
Wow! Where do you start?
Well, Im no Wedding Planner, though I think I'd be good at it, Celebrants should really just focus on you as a couple and what your vision is for your Ceremony. However, I do have some advice for you which has helped other couples in the past. Here is the short version :)
1. Plan an evening in, just the two of you with a nice bottle of wine, candles, favourite tunes and a big notepad to write your ideas down. You call the support in once you have come up with a rough plan.
2. Make sure you are not interrupted by your phone or visitors and turn the TV and PC off (you can Google stuff once you have an idea of your perfect day).
3. Consider your budget. How much do you want to spend and how much can you afford? Weddings have many hidden costs and if Wedding Planners aren't your thing there are plenty of checklists on the internet for you.
A Wedding does not have to be expensive to be perfectly amazing. Sometimes the more simple and intimate Ceremonies are the most enjoyable.
4. Think about who you are as a couple and what elements a Wedding should include to best represent this.
5. Once you have come up with the plan, get your besties in and start delegating!!
Checklists and delegating tasks are your sanity now.
6. When it comes time to write your vows, go back and revisit step 1.
Take yourself back to when you first started falling in love. Think about that moment when you knew you loved this person. Express your love. Your vows are your ceremony, your vows are the promises you make to each other.
(I suggest you keep a copy of your vows somewhere special and whenever times get challenging, bring them out and revisit step 1.)
7. Less stress and beautiful supportive friends and family around you is the ultimate recipe for a successful Wedding Day. Oh, and a really professional, experienced and chilled Celebrant of course :)
Enjoy every part of this process.
Love is all you need xx